Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 8 - Dominoes

I saw this next project on a new blog that I found chock full of good ideas.

This was one such project!

I saw these at Shanty 2 Chic and immediately knew what I was going to do with them.



They were sooo easy to make! Ignore the ugly light in the middle, that is on my list to redo.

I scrounged in the garage for some wood. I found these leftover scraps and decided to put them to use.



These are 12 x 12 so I cut them in the middle. I then rounded the corners with the sander. I painted them with SW Modest White.



I know you are jealous of my fabulous painting table area thingy. Kitchen tables and veggie cans work great! I did use pumpkin cans to be in the fall mood though.

Anyways, after they were dry, I made a circle out of paper to use for a stencil. You can see it sitting on the table. I used a magic marker to make the dots and the dividing line. I used electrical tape to mark off a line. I like how the marker is faded making them look old.



I also took the sander to them again and distressed the edges and corners. I then went over the whole thing with dark walnut stain to give them a vintagey look. Sawtooth hangers on the back and I was done.

The numbers are our address. I had seen people put their address numbers over their sinks. I am putting ours on the back door, so I didn't want too much repitition.

So, what do you think?!


5 comments:

  1. Those look great! What a fun idea.
    Have a terrific night!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think those are flippin' awesome. Did you wipe the stain off or leave it on for abit? Inquiring minds and all. I'm in the middle of my procrastinator's project and hit a wall. so I'm out here trying to calm myself seeing other's successes so I don't pull my hair out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - I used a damp paper towel and wiped on the stain and left it. I can't wait to see your project! I got one drying now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the dominoes. Well done!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete